What Is Taichan Satay?
Taichan satay is a variant of satay that contains grilled chicken meat without garnishing with peanut sauce or soy sauce like regular satay. If we look at the name “taichan“, of course what we have in mind is that this satay comes from China or Japan. The origin of the taichan satay has not been properly confirmed. According to some available information, taichan satay was created from the arrival of a young Japanese-Indonesian couple who wanted to buy satay at one of the Madura satay stalls in the Senayan area, Indonesia. The man who comes from Japan is not very fond of satay seasoned with peanuts as is usually found in Indonesia. Then the man took the initiative to burn the skewered satay himself by adding only salt and lime as seasoning for the satay. After being cooked as a side dish for the satay, the man added chili sauce as a substitute for peanut sauce. When asked by the shop owner what the name of the satay was, the man immediately answered “Taichan Satay“. Starting from here, Taichan Satay began to develop in Indonesia.
Main ingredients :
250 grams of chicken breast
2 tbsp lime juice
1 clove of garlic (crushed)
1 tsp pepper powder
Salt to taste
Skewers Sauce Ingredients :
10 pieces of red chili
5 pieces of curly red chili
5 cloves of red onion
1/2 tsp Broth powder
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper powder
Supplementary material :
Slice of lime
Pickles, if needed
How to make taichan satay :
- Wash the chicken breast, then cut into medium dice.
- Add lime juice, garlic, pepper, and salt, while the chicken is kneaded briefly until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Let stand 30 minutes for the spices to infuse.
- Insert the chicken into the skewers, at least 4 dice on each skewer.
- Bake on a burner until the chicken changes color and leaves a slight burnt mark. How to make chili:
- Briefly boil all the chilies and onions until slightly soft. Lift and drain.
- Coarsely grind the chilies and onions.
- Saute briefly the results of the chili paste.
- Add sugar, salt, broth, and ground pepper. Correction of the taste.
- Arrange the satay on a serving plate.
- Flush with chili sauce and add lime juice.
- Serve with sliced cucumber and tomato
- Serve with pickles if any
read also :10 INDONESIAN SPECIAL FOODS YOU MUST TRY!
Good luck, if you like my article, you can share it with your family, friends, or on your social media. Thank you for your support.