Kimchi fried rice or kimchi bokkeumbap is a combination of kimchi mixed rice and other favorite vegetables.
Kimchi fried rice is a practical solution for your breakfast or dinner menu. It is also made when other side dishes run out or the kimchi is low, for example.
through kimchi fried rice, you can practice how to make it at home.
2 servings of white rice
1/2 small bowl of kimchi, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons of kimchi sauce
100 grams of chicken or sausage or ham or spam (I was using sausages)
1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean red pepper paste), mix with 2 tablespoons of water
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
Right amount of oil
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
Sesame seeds, roasted for topping
Nori, for toppings
2 eggs, cook the beef eye eggs
How to make :
- Heat a skillet and add cooking oil.
- Add the kimchi and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Put in the sausages and cook a little.
- Add white rice, kimchi sauce, water, granulated sugar and gochujang seasoning.
- Stir well and cook over low heat until the spices are absorbed.
- Finally, add sesame oil and green onions. Taste correction. Add salt if it’s less salty or sugar if it’s not sweet enough. The taste really depends on the kimchi we use.
- Before serving, sprinkle with the shredded sesame and nori seeds.
- Serve hot with half cooked beef eye eggs. Serves 2-3 Note: I usually make kimchi myself at home. However, nowadays ready-to-eat kimchi is sold in large supermarkets. Likewise the gochujang seasoning. This spice is a red spice made from chilies. It is widely used in Korean dishes such as Bimbimbap and ddukbokki. good luck