This Korean lunch box cake decorated with beautiful and adorable colorful decorations is in great demand.
Besides having a beautiful appearance with a sweet taste, this viral cake is also easy to make. Are you curious about how? Here’s a recipe and how to make a Korean Lunch Box
Chocolate Sponge Cake Ingredients :
- 105 grams of low protein flour
- 15 grams of cocoa powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 eggs
- 120 grams of sugar
- A few drops of cooking vinegar or lime juice
40 grams of vegetable oil or canola oil
- 40 grams of UHT liquid milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Buttercream Ingredients :
- 500 grams of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 can (395 grams) thick, sweet
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Food coloring
How to make :
- Puree 4 egg whites, a few drops of cooking vinegar, and lime juice using a mixer. After it looks bubbly, add the sugar a little at a time, stirring constantly with a mixer. Blend until you get a white creamy texture.
- Add 4 egg yolks to the mixture, then stir again until well blended.
- Add 105 grams of flour and 15 grams of sifted cocoa powder to the mixture, add a pinch of salt, and stir until well combined. If you have set it aside.
- Take a bowl containing 40 grams of oil, then mix with 40 grams of UHT liquid milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Stir until blended and set aside.
- Mix the dough of the two dough by adding it little by little, stirring. Stir well until it gets a thick, liquid texture.
- If so, put the dough into a baking sheet that has been lined with baking paper, then bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes. When done, remove from oven and wait for it to cool. Cut the cake into circles.
- Prepare ingredients for buttercream. Mix 500 grams of unsalted butter until smooth like cream, then add 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 2 teaspoons of vanilla, and a quarter teaspoon of salt, stirring again until blended for 5 minutes at high speed.
- Take a little cream for decoration. The remaining portion of the buttercream will be used to coat the entire surface of the cake. The remaining part of the buttercream is colored according to taste, then stir until evenly distributed.
- Stack the cakes into 2 layers and coat the cakes with buttercream until completely covered. Try to close it neatly.
- If the cake is well coated, decorate with the decorative cream according to taste. If you want it to be better, put a little topping on it. Korean lunch box cake is ready.