Japanese milk bread or also known as hokkaido bread is a Japanese-style milk bread that has a very soft texture.
You can make Japanese milk bread yourself at home, it’s more cost-effective. The method is easy, the ingredients are relatively simple.
Material 1 :
260 grams of high protein flour
30 grams of sugar
10 grams of powdered milk
4 grams of instant yeast
3 grams of salt
1 egg yolk (20 g)
80 grams of liquid milk
65 – 70 grams of ice water
30 gr Butter
Material 3 :
Pink food coloring
How to make :
- Knead material A until it is half smooth, then add ingredient B, knead until it is elastic.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts, take 1 dough, add the C material, knead until the colors are evenly mixed.
- Rest each dough (pink and white dough) for approximately 40 – 60 minutes
- Shrink the dough, knead and remove the wind. Divide into 8 pcs of each dough.
- Round all the dough then rest for 5 minutes.
- After resting, take the dough one by one and fill it with the stuffing. Put it in the pan. Proofing up to 80%
- Oven with a temperature of 125 – 130 degrees Celsius (+/- 45 – 50 minutes).
- Remove the bread from the pan, let it air and then decorate as desired.
- Japanese milk bread is ready to be served. Good luck 🙂