with the internet, we all know more and more beauty tips that are trending somewhere. Likewise, if there are beauty tips that are deemed effective, they will quickly spread and go viral.
In fact, not all viral beauty tips are worth emulating. Because, there are some that have the potential to endanger health. What are some of them? Here is the summary
- BRIGHTENING THE FACE WITH LEMON Maybe you often read or see tips on lightening skin with lemon. However, you shouldn’t try these tips. Our facial skin has a natural pH of 4 or 5, while lemons have a natural pH of 2.That way, the pH of the skin will not be balanced plus the skin condition will be oilier and lose the skin barrier.
- USE CORN FLOUR FOR THE COMPLEXION TO LAST Not a few beauty vloggers have tried various strange products on their faces. Including using corn flour to make complexion products more durable. You shouldn’t follow these beauty tips, because food products are not made for use on the face. Even in some people, doing this can cause an allergic reaction.
- USING BAKING SODA FOR EXFOLIATION Baking soda can affect the pH level of your facial skin. Facial skin is naturally acidic while baking soda is very alkaline which disrupts the pH balance of the skin. When you do this, your skin will be more susceptible to irritation, breakouts, and infections. Even the effect will be worse if you mix baking soda with lemon.
- USING HAIR SPRAY AS SPRAY SETTING The use of hairspray on the face was discussed by many people to hold makeup and disguise pores. Even though this one beauty tip is clearly dangerous because hairspray is for the hair, not the face. The components in hairspray can actually cause skin irritation and rashes on your face. In addition, the pores will become clogged and dry due to the alcohol content in them.
- MAKE PEEL OFF THE MASK FROM Glues Seeing the effect of a peeling mask on the skin is indeed satisfying. But using glue as a mask material that you make at home is not something worth trying. This actually risks tearing the skin and fine hairs on the face. Even if done continuously, these tips can cause inflammation, hyperpigmentation, and infection of the skin. So, those are the facts behind some beauty tips that are not safe for skin health. Always be careful in caring for your skin