By brushing your teeth and drinking enough water, you can take advantage of the following natural ingredients to treat bad breath :
- Milk When you eat foods that smell strong, such as garlic or onions, drink milk afterward. Research has proven that milk has ingredients that can eliminate bad breath due to eating strong smelling foods. Apart from milk, dairy products in the form of yogurt can also help get rid of bad breath. This is because yogurt contains probiotic which can help reduce the number of bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Oranges Apart from having a refreshing taste, oranges are also rich in vitamin C which functions to increase saliva production. With increased saliva, bad breath-causing bacteria will be eliminated from the mouth. There is also research that states that vitamin C is useful for preventing gingivitis and canker sores.
- Green tea Green tea or green tea has long been known to contain substances that are antibacterial and antioxidant, and have been shown to reduce inflammation. The good news is that green tea is also effective in eliminating bad breath. To enrich the taste of green tea, try adding mint leaves to it. Similar to green tea, mint leaves are believed to be effective in dealing with bad breath.
- Betel leaf This plant is often used as herbal medicine, and traditionally, betel leaf is widely used by chewing. According to several studies, betel leaf has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects that can help maintain healthy teeth and mouth. This effect is also good for dealing with bad breath.
- Licorice Licorice root or licorice is a common herbal remedy used to treat itching, skin inflammation, and heartburn. In addition, licorice also contains antibacterial compounds which are believed to eliminate bad breath, relieve mouth sores, and prevent tooth and gum decay.
Good luck 🙂