Even though it’s called french toast, it turns out that this dish doesn’t come from France. Even in America and England the name is german toast. Now French Toast is one of the most popular breakfast dishes in the world.
The origin of the name French toast because the creator is a French chef who works in America. Because this food has been found a long time ago, french toast became a mandatory breakfast dish in Britain and America. French toast can be served with various companions such as half-cooked eggs, grilled sausages, or bacon. Come make your own french toast that is no less delicious.
- 6 slices of bread (can use all types of bread)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Olive oil to taste. If nothing can be replaced with butter or margarine
- Sugar and syrup as a complement
How to make :
- Heat a frying pan using medium heat. Apply olive oil or butter so the bread doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Spread the oil throughout the pan with a shake then clean the excess oil.
- Crack the egg into a bowl then add milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon, then stir the mixture with a fork or whisker.
- If the pan is hot enough, reduce heat to medium-low temperatures
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture.
- Then fry the bread until both sides are golden.
- Place bread on a plate.
- Add applesauce, cinnamon, or sugar sprinkles for extra delicacy.
- You can also add meat, sausages or fruit with whipped cream and eggs.
- Ready to be served.
Don’t forget to share this recipe, happy cooking! : D