For a man who has just assumed the title of ‘new father’, there are certain things and activities to be accustomed to doing. Although foreign, as a new father, of course, must be ready with all the consequences. Over time, they will get used to these activities and can later turn into a regular ‘daily routine’.
Then, what are the foreign activities a new father will face when he first takes care of the baby with his wife? Young fathers, let’s look at the following:
- Remove your fear Be honest with God about your fear of becoming a father. After expressing your fears in prayer, ask God to give you strong faith to live it with confidence and strength to be a good father to your child.
- Make the child a top priority Your child needs you to be with him as often as possible to develop their health. Furthermore, spending a lot of time with your child is the best way to spend your love for him, because time is one of the things that children want from their parents. Also realize that your wife needs your help during this time to help care for her first baby. Utilize parent-child bonding such as sleep and mealtimes to provide extra new attention.
- Show affection to children Children need love, but they do not understand the word ‘love’ in any form. So, just saying ‘your father loves you’ to Little One is useless, Dads! For that, show your love and affection with hugs, fritters, and warm kisses that make him feel loved.
- Treat children like you want to be treated as a child Your experience in childhood, is a good guide so you can be a good father. Remember how it felt like you were given the attention and support of your father? For example. Or if your father is not someone who shows affection, learn from him. Think back to your childhood, and treat your child as you would like to be treated as a child.
- Never hurt your family There is not one reason in this world that justifies you to hurt your child or wife! Hurt by hitting or yelling at him. All your efforts to become a good father will disappear with just one hit. And also plant this seed in your child, so that he will grow into a child who does not like violence. Later, if he was asked how to be a good parent, of course he would proudly call his parents a good example too. So the steps that must be done by you when you first become a father.